NOTE: From 2/16 until 3/16 we will be taking riffle orders, and depending on the number of orders we receive we may be able to offer discounts for orders of 2 or more riffles. Riffles will cost no more than $60 each.
If you would like to purchase two or more dataloggers please use the drop down menu above. This is how it works: When you buy two riffles, you are guaranteed two, but -- if Public Lab reaches a price break with the manufacturer, which happens at 50 total Riffles sold -- you will receive three dataloggers. Use multiple riffles to investigate separate areas, to split the cost with friends, or to try a variety of projects! Please E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org after placing your order to ensure you will receive a discount should one becomes available.
We will place our manufacturing order after 3/16, and we will send you yours as soon as we can thereafter!
The Riffle Datalogger
- Designed with water quality monitoring in mind
- Fits into a standard 500 mL plastic water bottle for a watertight enclosure
- Compatible with Arduino Programming Interface
- Interface with 1-wire, i2c, or Analog-to-Digital sensors
- Writes data to microSD card
- Supports rechargeable Lithium Ion battery charging
- Long battery life for multi-week deployment
- Real time clock with built in temperature sensor
- See wiki/riffle for more information. https://i.publiclab.org/wiki/riffle
The Riffle can be purchased by itself, or you can purchase the necessary accessories here. If you choose to purchase it by itself then it will require you to:
install a bootloader using a Sparkfun programmer cable,
purchase a microSD card,
a USB-to-MicroUSB cable,
a li-ion battery (note: international customers must buy their own batteries no matter what, as lithium ion batteries cannot be shipped via airmail).
a CR1220 clock battery